Its August and the weather is still hot and humid in Ulm. I thought that since the good weather came quite early this year, that it would end just as quickly. Apart from a few days of below 15degC though, most days are in the high 20s sometimes even in the 30s! Obviously its nothing compared to the summers we’ve spent in Madrid and Toulouse, which is why we prefer to be in Germany in Summer! Especially with a lake just 5mins away, bbqs on our terrace… staying home during summer is like being on holiday!
So as we decided to spend most of this summer here, I decided to treat myself to tons of goodies! I have already used half of my crafty haul and I’m determined to use them all before summer is over!
Today I’m showing a card using my new Altenew floral die cover A. I fell in love with them as soon I saw it during the release but they were quite expensive so I waited to see how much I really wanted them! Luckily for me, I won a card challenge over at Casology and it was a $20 voucher to Altenew and I immediately used it to buy the die! Thanks Altenew!
I used the die to cut myself a stencil from a thick shiny card base that I didn’t like. Obviously I could have just used a white card stock and re-used the stencil on a card but I wanted a stencil I could use afew times. I taped it down well and as I only wanted the top flower, I could tape it down the middle too.
I then went in and coloured it with my Zig clean color real brushes, my favourite way to water colour! Starting with fine brushlike strokes with the Yellow, continuing with the Yellow Green and ending with my water brush, petal by petal. Once each petal was coloured, I removed the stencil and coloured in-between the petals with the Yellow and my water brush. I then used the scallop rectangle die, from MFT Blueprint 20 set, to cut my panel. Using my Misti to line up my stamps, I stamped the sentiment, which comes from Altenew’s Tulip set, using Versafine black ink.
I felt the card was a little top heavy, so I just added a little watercolour on the bottom left corner, and finished it with some splatter with brown watercolour. To create a splatter, I wet my brush with ink and water and tapped it against another pen. Before I used this method, I just tried flicking from my brush and it wasn’t working or just sent streaks onto my card!
I stuck this panel onto a orange card base, which I cut with my NEW Tonic Studio guillotine :)), and my card was done!
I hope you enjoyed the mini tutorial and I would love to read your comments about it! Thanks for stopping by!
I’m playing along at:
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge – Splatter it
Happy Little Stampers watercolour challenge – with the “Bloom” twist
Uniko challenge – Flowers
Connie can crop – Watercolour